16.2.14

toil + good intentions

The shelves I got during my recent endurance-session at Ikea are coming in useful holding the assortment of bowls, cups, mugs, saucers, bells etc I've thrown over the last fortnight. Want to see them as proof that I'm not fibbing and have instead been lying in the sun these last few days - lol. Here they are:


They have to dry out completely now before heading for their first spell in kiln. If they go in too early, there's a risk that they explode. Don't want that !!

The last two days I spent updating and (hopefully) improving my website. I built it using weebly.com. I find their templates reasonably easy to customise, I'm not after a medal for mastering html. 

Weebly are based in San Francisco - another reason why I like them ;) - and I couldn't resist using on the home page a picture of flowers I photographed in Mendocino CA (I love that place) last time I was there. 


These blooms have given me the idea (again) to use flower images on pots I make, a bit like the bird on the bowl above, only larger. I will make a concerted effort not to go anywhere without my camera for the new few months ;)))






22 comments:

  1. You have obviously really busy making all those pots and bowls. I like your website - I'm also a weebly girl and I find most of it really easy, which is good because I'm not techy minded! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just looked at your website, Lucy. Has the unmistakable weebly-touch ;). Did you upgrade your account to Pro to include the shop?

      Delete
  2. An impressive number of pottery makes. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill. You have a good week too :)

      Delete
  3. Your pots look great, and I do like your flowerhead photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've got some amazing photos on your blog too. Love the drops around the spider and especially the sheep and lambs :)))

      Delete
  4. Wow lots of pots! They look very good finished off with the flower and bird designs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you've been so busy! I feel inspired to be more productive now hahah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I feel like taking a vacation ;)

      Delete
  6. Wow you must be working day and night. Your photo of the flower is beautiful and the bird design on the bowl looks fantastic. I like how it's bending down into the dish. Thanks for sharing.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ali. I also like the way the bird bends its neck, seems as if it wants to share what's on offer :)

      Delete
  7. Now that is a lot of pots, I'm very impressed. Bet they turn out fab.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow you have been busy! I really look forward to seeing how you choose to decorate all those lovely vessels, i love the flower idea and the birdie on your bowl is gorgeous!

    I use weebly too and i'm also happy with them x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find glazing really STRESSful. There's so much that can go wrong.
      Impressed by your website. You are incredibly productive! I also like your shop. What upgrade did you go for to have the amount of detail??

      Delete
  9. Really beautiful designs and creations you have made. I can't believe all the items you have made these past two weeks. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that I think about it ... may have been nearer three weeks ... whoops ... lol

      Delete
  10. You have been in production! Can't wait to see the finished results :) And did you mention bells?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Indeed I did. I love them. Have quite a few metal ones and want to see how they will look and SOUND made of clay...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh you have been a busy bee. When did you find time to sleep !!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a pretty big collection of pots!I look forward to seeing what you do with them-I love that bowl with the bird on it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...