16.3.14

cake needs coffee

I've enjoyed working in the studio this week - doors open without freezing to death, sounds of seagulls filling the air, lawn that drowned in all the rain dug up and a touch of landscaping to look forward to ... I mustn't drift off the subject!

The subject?

Well one of them this week was to fire mugs with birdie transfers to go with the bowls I finished last week. More often than not, I'm irritated when clothes have a design on just the front while nothing's happening behind. In the same way, I thought that putting one bird on just one side of the mug would NOT do. Hence I've got 3 - and in the case of the little coaltit 4 - fellows hopping around each mug.


All I need now is that coffee and cake ... 


19 comments:

  1. Aww i love your little birdie mugs, they will go so well with last week's bowls. I agree that having a few around the mug is the way to go, that way everyone has something to look at! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely mugs, and definitely just lazy not to surround mugs in a nice design

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice design - makes the mugs much more interesting when the designs all round!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on having an all round design, and your birds look adorable. I'm sure they will be snapped up quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, I love the way the little birdies look like they are hopping around the mug.

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. they are really beautiful mugs, love the birds. You're right, there should be something on both sides of a mug, not everyone drinks with their right hand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hadn't thought about people holding cups in either hand. Makes the argument even stronger. Thanks! ;))) x

      Delete
  7. It would be really cute to have a bird on the inside, though I don't know if that's possible.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh it is. Will try it on some tumblers that are currently drying ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous. Just my cup of tea (or coffee).

    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are lovely, definitely a need for small cake plates to go with the mugs. I can picture myself curled up in mam's rocking chair with this watching the birds in her garden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh sorry, I'm already in that chair - ;)))

      Delete
  11. Beautiful post...I always need coffee and cake! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow the mugs are gorgeous!!!

    Tea and cake for me please.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Coming up Dawn. Thanks for your comment! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tea and cake in a gorgeous mug, perfect:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...